Would you fly off your chair for this?

I got to teach six 8 year olds about gratitude last Sunday. After the story about the 10 Lepers and how
only one returned to give thanks for being healed,  I wrote the letters GRATITUDE lengthwise across
the chalk board. I asked the kids to come up with something they are thankful for using each letter.

One little girl immediately came up with "Grant" for "G" because she is thankful for her baby brother.
A boy was thankful for "red pandas"….not sure what that is. And on it went.

But the class was all stumped with the letter "I" I didn't want to give suggestions because I don't like
influencing their answers, so I waited... And waited.

Finally a little girl could hardly contain herself. "I know! I know! I know something I am thankful 
for that starts with "I"!!"  I thought she was going to fly right off her chair.

So I handed her the chalk and this is what she wrote for "I" :


I didn't have the heart to tell her she spelled it wrong, so we just went with it.

She just knew she wants her family with her forever. 
Definitely worth flying off her chair for!





5 comments:

Karen Mortensen said...

That is so sweet. Love it.

Tyler Heasley said...

Iternal families are the best! What a great story...

Scrapally said...

super sweet!

grandmapeg said...

I love what the cartoon says! It is so true!

Susan Anderson said...

Aw, cute. You handled that one right.

=)

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...