Wonders of my Week

 1. Do you recognize these rooms?



When I was pregnant with my first baby, I used to plan my lunch 
around the time when the old I Love Lucy reruns would be on. 

They would distract me enough that I could get my lunch down. 



Then just this week, I saw this, 
 

and now all these 48 years later, 
I finally understand why and how I Love Lucy saved me back then.


2. Den and I just finished reading together, 
Hillybilly Ellegy by JD Vance. 



We listened to it in 30 minute sessions each evening while eating dinner. Very thought provoking, inspiring, and makes me want to go save a child somewhere. 

However, I can only give it 4 stars out of 5. 

The language was horrific, but in this case, it was worth enduring it. 

But I was disappointed that as JD became a Christian and made himself a better life than he was born into, that he didn't also in the process clean up his own language. 


3. A week after my friend Patty died of pancreatic cancer, 
I surprisingly received this in the mail:


She was dying, yet she arranged for this magazine to be sent to me!
She hadn't even mentioned that she was going to do this.


 
Every time a new issue comes it's kind of like she's back.


4. My sisters, Robin and Peggy, 
decided to go roller skating while they were both in Sacramento.



Unfortunately, they soon headed to ER.


So sorry Peggy!


5. This week also in the mail, my cousin Kathy sent me a package. 
I couldn't even guess why, or what it would be. 


Look what she embroidered on this apron for me!
She even made the card. She's always been artistic. 
I feel so honored. ❤️

Me, Richard, Nonie, and Kathy
(My mom use to say Kathy looked like a movie star.)


6. My rod iron dreams came true. 
After 8 years of looking, 
we finally found someone to make a gate for us! 

That's because our neighbor Mary Lou introduced us to Dave Garcia. 
Great workmanship and such a nice man!



7. A shout out to Lowes!
 Our oven died and the day they were to deliver our new one, 
we had a conflicting appointment. 

The man in charge made a few calls for us, 
and had the tech come in early to accommodate our schedule. 

Something I would never expect.




8. Love this quote I found in my journal, 8 years ago this week:

“You've got to get up every morning with determination if 

you're going to go to bed with satisfaction.”

❤️



No comments:

Jack's proud moment

Jack could hardly believe his good fortune  when they put the 4 year olds in charge of the fire!