Wonders of the week


While our thoughts and prayers are with Ukraine making it hard to focus at times, I'm trying to treasure, even more, the blessings in my own life...

Just a little of what's going on around here....


1.  Logan and Amy's 17th wedding anniversary just a few days ago....


Thank you Jonas for taking the picture!
And to her friend Katie who told her to take a picture on each anniversary. 



2.  Some sister love in Idaho...Juliet and Daisy




3. My niece's son, Roland, got pecked in his eye by one of their chickens. Eye doctor said no permanent damage. 


Just another day being raised on a farm.
Grandma Gaynor would understand.
She grew up eating her pets, too. 



4. My dear friend Darlene, made this very lovely rice pack for me.



I put it in the microwave for 3 minutes, 
and I can't tell you how wonderful it is after we turn off our heat each night.


5. And we so enjoyed Violet's birthday as she turned 11 over zoom!


Is that not a genius way to blow out her candles pandemic style? 


Right after the party Dennis asked me, 
"Do you think you can ask Erin if she would save a piece of cake for me?

I said, "Sorry, I can't ask her that." 



Well apparently Erin had it planned all along




...because it was soon delivered to us by Brock.
And Dennis wasted no time.


6. I follow this young mom in her stage 4 cancer journey. 
Very sad, yes, but she has such a richness to her soul.


People who go through really tough challenges, know things the rest of us may not.
I try to learn from them. 💙



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are enjoying your hot pack!
That can't be Violet! Isn't she a little girl?
That is a great picture of Logan and Amy!

darlene

Unknown said...

Some really good things going on. Glad Dennis got his cake.

Anonymous said...

Your gentle life is a joy to follow. This post brightens my day, reminds me to be more grateful, the photos are so precious. Thank you my dearest friend. pjc

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...