My shelf cooking

So about once or twice a week I do shelf cooking now for dinner.

Since we can't go out to eat, and I'm not doing take out, 
shelf cooking is sort of my break.

It will be about 5pm. I just go to my fridge, see what we have, and 
then go to the pantry...and just come up with something on the spot. 

However, tonight I found all I needed in the fridge.

It's kind of fun actually.

For example tonight, 
I put on the counter what I had in the fridge that needed to be eaten.

Some left over baked potatoes that I cut up. That would be my 
base. Then I cut up everything else and made a big stir fry. 
(I decided to opt out of the kidney beans.)

I did cook the bok chow on the side and 
put it on top of our concoction. 

And I had some baby greens that we put dressing on, 
and a mandarin. 

And that was that.

We both loved it. 

Sometimes brown rice will be my base. Or pasta. Or salad. 
Just what ever I have. 

I just noticed that little piece of bread on Den's plate.
I got extra hungry while cooking and found that in the fridge too 
and ate part of it before giving it to him. 
That's why it's so small looking.

I often take bites of his sandwiches too, and he's fine with it.
He's very easy to live with. 💘


3 comments:

Richard said...

I think everything about this post perfectly captures your personality.

grandmapeg said...

You are so very creative and your food always looks healthy and delicious! I wish you could come be my cook!!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Grandmapeg. You sure have a culinary talent.
Richard's comment didn't disappoint me either. Without inflating his ego more, I sure enjoy his comments. pjc

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...