Are you adjusting?


One of my daughters in law asked me recently: 
Have you ever seen this happen before?
I said, "No, not at all."
She asked, "Not in your life time?"
"No, not in my lifetime." 

I think she was hoping I'd say, 
"Oh yeah this is nothing new. It will be over soon."

But nope, can't say that. 

I've received so many texts and emails lately describing what people are going through. 

We have been in isolation for about 2 weeks now and it's not been too bad. Mainly because we have each other. My heart goes out to those who are alone right now.

At first I felt restless. We are use to going out in the evenings. 

But still lots of family time. Lots of connecting, even though Dennis is the only one I actually see in person. 

Love getting emails and texts from my daughters in law, and learning how they are doing this new life. 

Tomorrow I will show you some of that, with their permission of course. 

Plus later on, I've found some old family videos I hadn't realized I had, and want to share. Plus I want to show you what I've been making. 

So y'all come back now. Ya hear?

(btw, where does that question come from?? A TV show? 
Why is it even in my head? Maybe this isolation thing is getting to me more than I realize.)

6 comments:

Peggy said...

That saying is from a TV show, The Beverly Hillbillies

LMW said...

That comes from the television show, "The Beverly Hilbillies". Jed says it at the end of each episode at the end of the outro song. I'm only 38, but my parents used to watch the show when I was a kid.:)

Anonymous said...

I might be wrong but is it "Petticoat Junction"? Where the quote comes from?
Heidi

Grandma Honey said...

Thank you both for that! As soon as I read your comments it all came rushing back to me. Funny how our minds store things from the past but we can't always retrieve them when we want to. Or maybe I'm just speaking for myself :)

Grandma Honey said...

Heidi, I think your answer was close. All that same TV era.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I was just thinking it was maybe the Beverly Hillbillies instead. So my second guess was right!
Heidi

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...