Just in case you want to follow along...

I found this couple through a friend of a friend of a friend.
So in other words, I don't know them.

And no, they don't belong to our church. 

But I have been fascinated by what they are going through. 

During my pregnancies I would sometimes have this dream that a foot or a hand of my little fetus would poke out through the top of my stomach. In utero is such a mysterious sacred place. 

And then years later they actually came out with fetal surgery. 
Can you imagine having someone do surgery on your baby before it's even born? 

I have never known one person this has happened to, so it still seems even sort of science fiction like. 

Then I found this couple, and I'm not even sure where they live exactly...but 3 hours from Cincinnati since that's where they needed to go for the surgery.

And that is where she has to stay for the remaining 4 months until she gives birth.

The very first video I watched of them was the day they learned their 20 week fetas has spina bifida, and that surgery was an option. 


This story is not continuing to be a sad one. I love how they are turning to prayer and their faith more than anything else. They are very optimistic about the outcome.

Here is a link to the video about their fetal surgery...
(the picture on the front of it may be disturbing to some, so I just put the link rather than the video...and they don't show the actual surgery of course.)
Fetoscopic surgery vlog

And of course you can go to their youtube channel and see the videos in between.

You can also follow on Instagram where they have daily updates. @lexiethiery. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, how is the baby? Is he born, and is he healthy?

darlene

Grandma Honey said...

The fetal surgery happened just last week. So the surgeon stitched them both (Mom and baby) back up and now they have to wait it out until he is born in about 4 months. I think it will be so interesting to see his scar after he is born, that was done in utero. They are praying she doesn't go into early labor. From what I am learning (from their videos) is this surgery is normally done right after birth, but the outcome is more promising to have it done as a fetus.

Anonymous said...

I love how transparent they are. And how much faith they have. Definitely leaning heavy on the Lord. I'll be praying for them.

darlene

Grandma Honey said...

You said it better than I could...yes, very transparent....that's the word I couldn't think of.

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...