Baby Jack's song

Many in my family have a song that belongs just to them. 
I never choose it for them, it just happens. 

Whenever I hear that song, I always think of them and even say to whoever's listening, "Oh there's _____'s song!"  

Most of those songs came because it was playing on the radio while that person was with me...and there was just some significance to them being there with that particular song.

Or I knew they were going thorough a significant day at the time I was listening to it. 

Regardless, it just happens.

So Friday morning as I was busy in the kitchen making lots of food, I turned on Pandora, and put it on shuffle, as I usually do. 

But since we just learned of Baby Jack's birth about an hour before....I thought to myself, okay what ever song comes on I will most likely associate with him.

Just after I turned on Pandora, Dennis was calling me into the garage. I left the food, and the music (not even paying attention to it at that point) to see what he needed...then I decided to throw some clothes in the washer. I was not even aware of what song was on....nor could I really hear it much from where I was in the house.

Then I came back into the kitchen and as soon as I did THIS is the song that was playing.....

So I know.....THIS will aways be Baby Jack's song to me.




2 comments:

grandmapeg said...

Congratulations Grandma Honey!! I love your new grandson's name and this song! I hope all is well with baby and mom!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful and perfect song for a new grandson!
Heidi

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...