I've only read one page of this book so far...

I haven't read this book, but I want to. 


It's the September pick for Jenna Bush Hager's book club and here's what she had to say about it:

The Dearly Beloved is a book about faith and doubt. Love and sorrow. It follows two couples whose lives are intertwined as they navigate pain and joy. And it made me think about with whom and where we find comfort when life hurts? Or who we reach for when the goodness in the world makes us want os sing out with joy? I gave this beauty of a book to my family--and loved the conversations that came from it. Read with me---this gentle, gorgeously written book may be one of my favorites ever."

So why am I doing a post about a book I haven't even read yet? Because.... I did read the dedication at the beginning, and it reminded me so much of my childhood:

Dedication by the author, Cara Wall:
"To my parents, Merle and Duane, who somehow taught me everything I know without ever telling me what to do."

Yep, that was my childhood in one sentence. 




1 comment:

Richard said...

Yes, she sums up our childhoods very well!

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...