I think I know why I had that dream

I had this dream last night. 

I was climbing up from a long winding tunnel.  Just as I got to the top, and then climbed out, I looked back down that tunnel and noticed a very little child struggling to also make it to the top. 

This child was wearing a white bunny costume complete with bunny ears that were even covering it’s face, so I couldn’t even tell if it was a boy or girl, or who this child belonged too. 

I reached for this child over and over again, but he or she kept slipping from my grasp and I watched as this child fell further away. 

I reached further down feeling the strain on my shoulders as my arm stretched as far as it could go, and I was finally able to grab that child by the hand and pull him or her up into my arms. I held this child close and tight, feeling such relief. 

It was one of those dreams that felt so real.

Then I woke up and remembered something that was said at church yesterday, which thinking later, most likely triggered that dream. 

We had a special meeting where a new world wide program was introduced for our youth ages 8 through 18.


After it was all explained, the youth were asked to write down their goals of what they would like to accomplish, in those four areas above. 

Before the kids started writing their goals the adults were told, “Help any child near you.” 

I know this was in reference to helping them write their goals at that moment, but, I kept thinking this has been my motive all of my life, as I’m sure it has been for many people.

But I kept thinking of those words, “Help any child near you.” 
Perhaps we need to do this even more now. 

This is a harsh and scary world right now, even for adults. 
How must this seem to a child? 

So I’m thankful that little child dressed as a bunny came in my dreams last night. Now I am more motivated than ever to look out for children all around me. 

And just in case you don’t know about our new program for our youth.... it involves major efforts in:
1. gospel learning
2. the privilege of service
3. personal development
4. exciting activities  

You can learn more, by going here.

And by the way, as always is the case with our church, all are welcome!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a wonderful program for all ages!! pjc

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...