Our Easter at church

Today as Den and I sat towards the back of the congregation, I saw a young mom I know, walk into the chapel with her 3 very busy little children. Her husband is a fire fighter, so she often has to come to church without him.

I noticed from reading today's program she was scheduled to sing a solo to us all, part way through our service. 

About 20 minutes after the meeting began, I saw her with a child on each hand, scurrying quickly out of the chapel, probably a bathroom break. (There must have been someone on her bench watching her 1 year old.) 

A little while later I saw her come back, get her kids situated next to her 1 year old on their bench. 

It was time for her to sing.

I couldn't see from where we were, but I'm sure there was someone helping her with the kids, as she left her bench and quickly walked up to the podium, smoothing out her long dress on the way up there, to the microphone. 

She seemed a bit out of breath at first, obviously this wasn't a relaxing Sunday for her...but then her beautiful voice filled our chapel and we all listened closely to the words of the hymn, 
"I Heard Him Come." 

It's a song about our Savior and how he touches lives. 
How He is there for us. 

I'd heard this song before in years passed, but not until today did this last part speak so boldly to me:

"I saw his pain as they nailed him to a cross
Wish that we could understand the cause
He looked on me as he had once before
Saying, "Teach my word to all forever more."
And I'll say:

Nations fall behind him, the river crawl to find him
Mountains move just to let him through
Come and never leave him.
Just believe and never let his light go
Never let his light go
Never let your light grow dim.

I grew up in a time where it was the rare person who did not believe in God. 

Now there is an attack on Christianity. There is an attack on goodness, because that's what Christ gives to all of us. All good things come from Thee.

I'm thankful to that young busy breathless (and probably tired) mom today...that she shared her gift of joy and hope in Christ with us all this Easter Sunday. 

Christ has risen. He is alive! 

I know that she knows who Christ is. 
And her family will be all the better for it.

1 comment:

grandmapeg said...

Thank you so much for sharing this song and video. I love this song!

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...