I want to remember these dinners

I had plans to take pictures of every dinner the 8 days Karen and Tyler were here. Most nights I did, one we pretended, and one I forgot.

So here's how it went....

Friday the night they arrived: This is what they always request, so this what I made. Chicken pasta salad.

Chicken, pasta, grapes, pineapple, mandarins, green onions, celery and cashews on top.

And no, the kids won't try it. They opted for Trader Joes Mac and Cheese.

Saturday
Oven baked turkey burgers 
served with ham buns and onions, lettuce, tomatoes. 
Plus,
Karen's amazing Salad which deserves a post all its own. Plus I want her recipe saved somewhere. So look for that soon.

Sunday
Tostados....this was the day I forgot to photo it. But a tostado is a tostado. And we probably had some berries with it. Or mandarins.

Monday
We had pizza for lunch
(Juju's version is just eating the pepperoni off 3 slices, and then she's good. 


And then for dinner Tyler made his wonderful Ham Fried Rice.
 I love this stuff and ate it for lunch too, the following 2 or 3 days. 

He served this with orange chicken (the kit was from Costco)
 and mandarin oranges. Perfect combo.
Sorry for the blur, but you get the idea...
I think this was Juliet's plate since she doesn't like the orange sauce.

And the best part was eating picnic style while 
watching Mary Poppins Returns. 
By the way, this was my favorite evening of all. 
LOVED being all together in one room while eating and watching for 2 hours. It was the best!


Tuesday
Out to Salsas for dinner
(A kind lady near by offered to take the picture.)

Wednesday
This was my pretend picture. Since I realized after we ate that I forgot to take pictures, Karen just took some leftovers and made up a plate for this photo. Turkey patties, baked potato, salad, corn, grapefruit.


Thursday 
Karen's potato bar. This is always a treat for us.

Friday
Karen made Kielbasa Polska Turkey Sausage and kidney beans....
with this seasoning:

Served over rice. SO good! Karen says they make this about once a week, and it's something they all love, even if the kids sometimes pick out the kidney beans





And these fresh berries.

Since they went home the next morning, Den and I got to eat the leftovers the next day for lunch! 

Next up, Karen's really good salad...can't remember the name of it. 

I so wish I had kept track of the meals we ate when McKay and McKenna were here a few weeks ago, especially since she made most of them! I was just so distracted by my Dad's funeral.



No comments:

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...