I love this salad

Karen made this salad and we all enjoyed it. 
(minus the kids...I don't think they tried it.)

She triples the dressing so she will have extra to put on other salads later. I like the dressing that much, too. 

Strawberry Cucumber Spinach Salad
(Although we used baby greens in place of the spinach because I'm not a spinach fan.)

6 packed cups fresh spinach (or baby greens)
1 1/2 c cut up cucumbers
1 c strawberries (or craisins)
1 medium sweet apple, chopped
3 oz feta cheese (we omitted this part last week)
1/4 c roasted walnuts (she roasts hers in a pan on the stove, I do mine in the oven) 
bacon cooked and crumbled up (Karen uses about 4-6 slices)

Dressing:
1/4 c olive oil *see note below
1 T apple cider vinegar
1 T honey
1 T dijon mustard
salt and pepper

Karen serves the dressing on the side. And while she triples the recipe it's not because she puts all that much on the salad, but so she will have dressing leftover to use on other green salads. 

When she triples it, she uses 1/4 c olive oil and 1/2 c grapeseed oil.

I wish I had taken a picture of both Karen and the salad!

But I did find this exact recipe on the internet, minus the bacon....



So I feel I should give credit for the above picture...if you want to visit that blog go HERE.https://www.yayforfood.com/recipes/strawberry-cucumber-spinach-salad-apple-cider-vinaigrette



1 comment:

krheasley said...

Oh! Yes! That's the exact recipe I found on Pinterest. So, not really my salad after all. :) I also like to add paprika to the dressing. And you can add in so many different things to the salads--chicken, boiled eggs, avocado, red onion, croutons, etc. This salad and the dressing is one of my very favorite things right now.

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...