I don't do goodbyes well.

Den and I have this routine when our kids get ready to drive all the way back to their home state. 

I go to bed early because I'm exhausted, but can't sleep, because the bandaid is about to be ripped off (sorry for the drama, but it's hard saying good bye to my loves).

So after lying there an hour or 2 or 3, I get up and read. 
I finally go to sleep about 2:30.

Den, on the other hand sets his alarm for the time our kids say they are getting up (this time 4am), and sure enough his alarm rings at 4am. He is up and ready to help Karen and Tyler pack their car and, however else he is needed. 

He sees them off while I'm sleeping. 



NOT just because I'm finally asleep, but goodbyes are so hard for me, and my kids say they understand. I hope they do. 


I say my goodbyes the night before. 

Richie blowing me kisses.


Leo told me that last night, 
"I don't want you crying when we leave tomorrow." 
He knows we love them.




Juliet was excited to get back to "my new house in Idaho." 


She's 3. She lives for the moment. 


I got to hold Daisy while she slept, and Karen packed. 
(Not a good angle for taking pictures.)



The next morning the house is SO quiet.

I go outside and see many of the little notes they wrote 
the day they played mailman. 

I see bits of them everywhere. 


I think I will leave it like this for awhile.


Such special times we had!


Bye Bye Baby Daisy!
She's an amazingly good baby!
(far easier than her Dad, or her 3 uncles)

Next up, I will show you what we ate, 
and some of the things we did....

I just thought I'd get the goodbyes out of the way first. 

2 comments:

grandmapeg said...

Daisy is such a cutie! What a cute family Tyler and Karen have. I feel blessed to have all of my children close around. I'm sure it is hard for you to say good-bye. I can hardly wait for your next post!

Anonymous said...

Love seeing these pictures!! The love oozes! And my heart feels how your tender heart feels with your goodbyes. You are very brave; I'd be a basket case. Dennis is one super-duper guy getting up that early to see them off. May time go swiftly till next time you all are together again. pjc

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...