Grant, our adventurous grandson

No one I know has less fear than our grandson, Grant.
He takes on life boldly


And goes where he wants to go.

We never know what he will think of next.




Sometimes it's taking on the books in the house....


He loves architectural design. 
When he arranges things, he makes hallways and rooms.

This fascinates me. 
At home, his parents tell me he will take little doll furniture from his sisters and put it in the little rooms he makes. 


Sometimes his sisters will apparently help with his plans.
(or was Annnie trying to intercept?)

And sometimes, his best plans don't last long. 



He likes to help his Mom with the cooking.
McKenna says he often does this at home, too.


His sisters love him and bring him little treats even at bedtime. 



One day while they were here, Scarlett fell down and she cried. 
I watched Grant come over and wrap his arms around her. 
Wish I had a picture of that!







He's not afraid at all of little frogs 
he finds out on his walks with his Dad. 


He has incredibly patient parents.


I am so proud of them all!



And just like that, we bring them to the airport and they fly away. 
This long distant grand parenting is hard.
We miss them!!!


We love you beautiful boy.

I had a dream about Grant this week. 
He was standing by the front door and wanting to go out.
I saw him there, so I quickly bolted the high lock for his protection.
He started to cry and that broke my heart for him, so I cried, and he said to me so perfectly clear, "I love you Grandma." 

I know it was just a dream, but to me, it was much more than that. 


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

how did he get up on the bookshelf?

darlene

Grandma Honey said...

We can only guess. I just happened to go in that room and found him up there.

McKay said...

What a sweet dream! I think it’s reflective of how he really feels :)

Anonymous said...

I, too, am fascinated and in awe of Grant's designs....and your super-cool collection of books. Grant seems very tender-spirited, inquisitive and as quite the climber, perhaps he just wanted a different view. I like how you are writing about each of the children and your recent experiences. Always good writing and pictures and wonderful memories made. Thank you for sharing. pjc

grandmapeg said...

The "grandma" in me would have panicked to see him way up on top of the bookshelf, but some children have no fear. That is so sweet though of him wrapping his arms around his sister when she cried. What cute grandkids, and I'm sure long-distance grandparenting is hard.

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...