The worrisome phone call

So we have the twins this week. The parents are in Vegas. 

Yesterday Amy calls me about 10:30am and says, “I just got an automated message from the school saying Téa is not there.” 

I said, "Of course she is there! Dennis brought them both to school this morning! And they weren’t even late.” 

She said, “Well the school says she’s not there. Maybe the teacher made a mistake?” Amy says she’ll call the school, then call me back.

Meanwhile, I call Den who's at Lowes, “The school called Amy in Vegas and said Téa is not at school.” 

“Of course she is! I dropped her off with Jonas. She’s there!” 

I said, “Well the school says she’s not.” 

Dennis laughed. “She’s with Jonas. No worries. She’s there.” 

My mind doesn't do as well as his when children are said to be missing. 

Amy calls back, “There was a mistake. She was accidentally marked absent.”  Whew

Den returns from Lowes, “Well the teacher should NOT be making mistakes like that!”

“Yes, but the school is run by humans."

Five hours later the twins are home with us. Tea remarks, “We had a sub today and he could not pronounce my name right! And he said I was not there. I raised my hand and said, “Yes I am. I am here!” But he would not listen to me." 

Then she went on (Téa always goes on.) “Our sub says he’s 30 but he does not look 30. He says he’s really 71 but ever since he was 30, he quit having birthdays.”

I am doing paper work as she's talking but suddenly I perk up, “71? Your sub today was 71? He is older than Grandpa Dennis!” 

I turn to Den, “Well that explains the missing Téa this morning.” 

Téa continues (she always does), “And you know what the sub calls sticky notes? He calls them squares.”

Den and I look at each other and one of us (can't remember which one) said, “The sub forgot what sticky notes are called.” 

We both understand the sub. 
All too well, we understand. 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This would certainly be cause for concern. I'm glad it all turned out just fine. Isn't it wonderful how Tea is so open and forthcoming with information. You sure are blessed being included with details into her daily life. So cool.
Yes, I would think a 71 year old sub is rare.
And the hotel room: I've never seen one with such huge windows; and two of them at that. Pretty cool view I imagine. "Interesting' wallpaper though. ;) pjc

Scrapally said...

ha ha great story! I remember being called once that my daughter wasn't there (she had walked to school) and I really panicked! They said they would double check with the teacher (thankfully they just put me on hold), and of course, it was a mistake. Whew! It is a scary feeling though! I think she was in 1st grade.

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...