Elora and Great Grandpa

One day not too long ago,
Elora drove us to have lunch with Great Grandpa.  

I have to say it seemed so very strange. She did great, but still...
I wanted to say, "Elora move over and let me drive." 


Even though I see her pretty often, she still grew up so suddenly. 


Great Grandpa and Elora have always had a special relationship.
She was his first great grandchild of 44. 

After we arrived that day he kept staring at her....


Then he was trying to say something, 
but we couldn't understand what...


So Elora leans in closer and then she finally heard him ask, 
"Elora, what happened to you?"


"I grew up Grandpa!" 


And they both laughed and laughed. 


"It's puberty Grandpa. It was a wonderful thing!"


They had pretty much this same conversation a few months back, 
with the same reaction.



Dad would often say to me, "Tell me some more Elora stories."


Dad's family brought him lots of joy.

I had to fill out his profile in December when he was getting ready to move into Carmel Village. 
When asked what his greatest accomplishment was,
 he said without hesitation: "My children."


1 comment:

grandmapeg said...

Elora is so grown up! She looks so much like her mother. What a wonderful relationship she had with her great-grandpa! She will have such great memories with him!

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...