Susan's Memorial Service



Susan was the oldest of 4.
I always thought it interesting 
how her siblings were all 5 years apart. 

I wonder if her parents planned it that way.

It was sad seeing this empty chair 
next to her siblings at her viewing. 
Spencer, Corinne, and Dale

There's got to be a story behind this picture below, 
but I haven't learned what it is yet. 


I hadn't even noticed anything wrong with this picture at Susan's Service until my granddaughter Elora found me and said in a panicked sounding state, "Did you see that picture of Susan? She has 3 hands! Why does she have 3 hands?" 

My guess is Susan preferred this picture.
She loved to laugh.



Her kids did a most excellent job speaking about her life.
Story after story about how Christ like she was.


But it was also pointed out that so many of her virtues were developed through the years through her numerous trials, perseverance and softened sweet heart. We were reminded that she didn't just arrive on earth like this.

Susan had a very tough life. Her son remembers her always sick while he was growing up. She was in and out of the hospital continually with Lupus, and then heart disease. Her last baby, Carly was stillborn. Her first marriage didn't survive. 

She was then single for 21 years.

Susan then prayed to find someone she could take care of "to repay all the service that had been given her." And as her son Jon said in his talk, "Enter Richard Rozier. And little did she know that he would be such a blessing to her. That he would serve her, and love her unconditionally like she deserved."

I'm thankful Susan was and is a part of our family. 
I could feel the unity that day at the burial...
with other family members who had passed, 
on all around our feet...


My nephew Romeo who drowned in 1998 at the age of 18 months. 



My niece Robin who died of leukemia in 2008,
with her maker right there near Susan.







And my Mom very near by who died in 2007, 
and my brother Chris in 2008.



Susan's Memorial Service was a sweet experience.
Over 100 stayed for the luncheon after!


The brothers in law together. 
My Dad and my Mom's brother, Don. 


It was fun having my brother John with us that day, 
and Suzanne...but don't know where she was for this picture. 

So many many pictures I didn't get that day!


My brother Richard asked me why sometimes I take pictures of him yet don't put them on my blog. So he will understand, 
I include this one with one eye shut, with my Uncle Don. 


My Dad has pretty much had this same look on his face 
since his Susan died on Christmas Eve.


Thankfully this life is not all we have.
There's a better life to come where pain and loss are no longer. 
And we will be reunited with our loved ones. 

I want to quote one part of her son's talk:

""...My Mom became who she was because of her afflictions. She was humbled and she turned to the only source for peace there is and that's Jesus Christ. She went to him and said I'm broken. He said I know and He was there for her."

My Dad and Susan surrounded by her children 8 years ago.
Jon, Stacy, Jamie, and Dawnie

No comments:

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...