Wonders this month....

1. Sears came by to fix our ice maker on our fridge. Before leaving the Sears man turned to me and asked if I'd like to buy extended warranties for all of our appliances. 

Not 5 minutes after he walked out I got this news alert on my phone:


Not that I was considering buying those extra Sears warranties. but never the less, glad I didn't. 

2. I loved this book....read it for one of my bookclubs and it made for interesting discussion.

It is Newberry award winning historical fiction. It would be a GREAT book to read with your children or grandchildren, starting about age 9, I would guess. It would open up great discussions about compassion and empathy. And it's such a sweet story. It made me want to go out and rescue someone.


3. And this chili recipe with pumpkin in it was served at another book club. Not spicy at all, and so good!
(Rather than using 2 cans of black beans, she subbed out one for kidney beans.)




4. McKenna sent me this...





5. Karen and Tyler sent me this picture. 
They said it was "National walk to school day" in Meridian. 
Richie is the one in yellow.
I can tell just by looking at this picture 
they have lots of town spirit. 


7. And if you have a baby, 
this might be an economical costume for Halloween.
(have no idea who this baby is...just found it on FB.)

But she might be a little crunchy to pick up.


4 comments:

Robin said...

That's it. I'm moving to Meridian!

Richard said...

LOVED the post except for the distressing part about the lady that substituted different beans in that recipe...

Anonymous said...

#4: My favorite; a loving touch from father to child. pjc

grandmapeg said...

What fun pictures! McKay is quite an artist! And a great idea for a baby costume :-))

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...