Not the anniversary we expected

Last week was our 19th anniversary. 

I spent most of the night before taking care of our sick grandson. 
He had a cough that would not quiet even for 3 seconds so we 
couldn't sleep. He was exhausted and felt crummy and didn't want 
to be alone, of course. 

Poor Jonas.

So I gave him everything I could think of for his cough 
but nothing was working. 

Finally in the wee hours of the morning, 
I did something I have never done with any of my grandkids...
I gave him my iPad and told him he could play a game on it 
till he fell asleep. 

An hour later I came back to check on him 
and he was finally sleeping.
Coughing still, but asleep.



Den and I had a day planned to celebrate, 
but instead we were happy we could snag a dr appt 
for Jonas that morning.

Being a grandparent is similar to parenting, in that when they need you, there is no place you would rather be. 



As I sat with both of them at the doctor's office that morning, 
I thought back to 19 years ago to our wedding day. 

I thought how this man has been by my side for 19 years, 
no matter what we go through, he is there by my side.
And no celebration, 
no adventure, 
no gift in the world, 
could mean more to me than that!

My marriage to Dennis has brought more joy than I could have imagined back on our wedding day in 1999. 

Reminiscing how our family came together, I found this old video when my sons met his daughters for the first time. 
Here's a clip of that....

My son Logan, and his son Keith were both on missions at the time...
so we were originally making this video for them. 
(Just explaining why we mention them in the video.)

And the sound is off sync, but you can still hear it.

I especially like Kim's chicken demonstration at the end....



5 comments:

Richard said...

We all love Dennis. Although I’m getting a little tired of hearing from Wendy about all the amazing things Dennis does...I remind her you’re still in the honeymoon phase. Now I learn it’s 19 years😜

Anonymous said...

First of all "Happy Anniversary"! You two sure are smitten with each other. It is very apparent in the video and all the years following just how much you love each other. Dennis has such kind eyes and a wonderful quiet gentleness that complements you.
Assuming by now that Jonas is well. Was it bronchitis? You are good grandparents to look after his needs.
I like the fish tank at the doctor's office. And Kim's chicken story is adorable. What a nice way to put your sons at ease. Thank you for sharing. pjc

Robin said...

My favorite part is McKay's hair :)

grandmapeg said...

I couldn't get the sound but it was fun seeing how young everybody was! Cute video!

Grandma Honey said...

Nope, not bronchitis. Asthma.

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...