I thought we'd never get that off!

Do you see something odd about this picture?



Yes, you see it.
The wreath is not centered on our pantry door.

The day before we took ownership of this house 
(over two years ago!), 
we did a walk through with the previous owners....
since they were also our realtor.

Everything was in perfect shape except they did show us this little Command hook...
They said they could NOT get it off. And they were worried the more they tried they would end up damaging the door.

So they said we would need to take care of it.

Fair enough (since the rest of the home was flawless)

We jiggled it, we pointed a hair dryer at it hoping the heat would melt it right off (according to google).

But nothing worked.

Every few weeks or months we would try again.

I even put it on my bucket list for 2018. 

Finally I asked my good friend Rebecca if she had any ideas how to get it off.  She said "try dental floss."
I thought that was funny since her husband is a dentist.

But okay. Why not. 

Just in case it worked (not that I was holding my breath) 
I wanted Dennis to witness it. 

So I waited for him to get home.
Then I took out a piece of floss and started at the bottom. At first it wouldn't budge but then suddenly that floss went flying right up to the top, and off popped the little Command hook!

Really? It was that easy? 
We'd been looking at that little out-of-place Command Hook 
for over 2 years!

And now, we can't even tell where that hook once was!

Makes me wonder how many other little annoying things we might  
be able to fix if we just find the solution...

4 comments:

krheasley said...

I wish I'd known that trick! We had a similar sticky thing in our bathroom in our home in Vancouver--and I gave up trying to get rid of it, too! Hopefully the new homeowners give the ol' dental floss trick a try.

Anonymous said...

You have a pretty pantry door and I like the large clock. Thank you for the helpful hint.
Another use for dental floss is slicing a cake. I've seen it used at weddings to get even cuts without the icing mess on the knife and surrounding area. pjc

grandmapeg said...

I would never have guessed that dental floss could work on that. What a great idea! It makes you wished you'd known about it a lot earlier :-))

Anonymous said...

I recently bought an item that had a heavy duty adhesive backing. The instructions said if removal of the item from woodwork was needed in the future to use dental floss. I immediately thought of you and this post! pjc

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...