Her weekly lunches

Amy stopped by yesterday, after going to the gym, and after picking up her week's worth of lunches. 

She's been doing the week's worth of lunches for about 6 weeks now but she just told me about it a few days ago.

She knew I was intrigued by it all so she brought the lunches by to show me.  

She's explained to me how it works. 
Every Wednesday she makes up 8 lunches 

All the same, and put into 8 separate containers.

*All the recipes are from cleansimpleeats.com

Then she meets with 3 friends who also 
have made 8 of the same lunch. 

Each of these 4 ladies goes home with 8 lunches (2 of each kind) 

I know, I didn't understand it at first either. 

So she took the lunches out and put them on my counter so I could see...

(Two of the eight she made, she left at home.)

Here they are up close:

This is a spinach salad with turkey, tomatoes, red onions, pickles, cucumbers...with strawberries and avocado with dressing to be mixed in later. 


This one will be a chicken salad sandwich complete with the cashew nuts mixed in just before serving. 


I think she said this was some kind of chicken pizza and broccoli




Below is the one Amy made for everyone.
It's a cooked yam, with added greek yogurt, turkey bacon, cheese, and green onion. She kept raving about how good this tastes!

These are all busy Moms. So the idea is each lady will have 8 lunches to eat for herself throughout the week. I guess that means one day she will have 2 lunches to eat, or an extra to share.

Amy has been doing this weeks now and 
every single lunch she has enjoyed. 

The food is all simple and clean. No big prep. 


Anyway, just had to share this. 
I'm always looking for new food adventures 
and LOVE the idea of simple and clean!


*There is a cost for the recipes on cleansimpleeats.com
but they offer a free 7 day recipe/menu plan 
if you want to try it out. That's what I'm doing.

And of course I have nothing to do with any of this.




2 comments:

Richard said...

I thought at first she was making those lunches for her kids to take to school...very little trade value there.

Anonymous said...

Wow, quite the determined lady Amy is! These lunches look delicious. I would probably only do this once and then give up. I mean, there are just only so many ways to make a peanut butter or jelly sandwich! pjc
p.s. great to see pictures of Amy....so pretty

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...