Autism: They may be on to something!

From 1978-1990 we lived in an amazing neighborhood.

It may not have looked like much to anyone else, 
but it was the perfect place for us.

We bonded with some great families.

For example, Charise and Mark lived right next door.

We had such a comfortable relationship 
that we would borrow things back and forth, continually.

One morning Charise said she almost called the night before 
to ask if they could borrow our bathroom door, 
"just for the night," since they had company coming and their 
bathroom door was broken. 

I told her she should have asked! I would have been honored!


One day while their daughters, Lindsey and Shaine were playing at 
our house, I told them it was my birthday and I was feeling sad. 

About 30 minutes after they had gone home, Charise and the girls came back and showered me with paper hearts they had made. Literally, all over my head.

The stories go on and on.

This picture below was probably just a typical 
summer afternoon on Buckingham Way. 

Tyler, Shaine, Lindsey, and Scotty 
(Scotty lived a few houses down 
and actually is on a softball team with Logan now.)


I think those are probably McKay's feet on the porch.


Last night Shaine along with her little boy Hudson were on our local news. Hudson is 4 and has autism. 

He is undergoing a new treatment I think sounds promising.
It just makes sense, but I didn't know they had such a test. 
Please take a look.




No comments:

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...