The big move and the song

Today we (and our village) moved my Dad and Susan out of their home in Clovis...



and into a very lovely assisted living facility in Fresno. 

Before their home was completely empty, I had a stack of papers I needed to fill out for the new place. 

Lots of questions on those papers....

"What is your greatest accomplishment in life?"
His answer: "My children"

"What gives you the most pleasure in life?"
His answer: "Being with my grandchildren." 

"What is your favorite kind of music?"
His answer: Rock and roll

"What is your favorite song"
His answer: "Slip Slidin' Away." 

Uh, really? I remember that song. I never liked it much....But today, for the first time after decades of hearing that song, I actually listened to the words.... 


No comments:

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...