Magical Rice

I don't like white rice, but Dennis does, so last night I tried this recipe for him, but also because I was curious about it, and it sounded fun to make. 

I like how you bake it in the oven for 17 minutes and then it comes out looking like pilaf. 

And have to admit, it tastes good too. 



It comes from this cookbook. 

The recipe on page 83:


I made it with white long grain Jasmine rice. 

Tomorrow night I'm using brown rice instead, adding 1/2 c more broth to it and baking it for 45 minutes. We'll see how it goes. 

I'll report back. :)

Meanwhile, try this white rice version. I think you'll like it.

Update later: Last night I made it with brown rice using the changes (above) and it turned out great. The brown rice gave it a different flavor obviously, but still very good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this looks delicious as does all your cooking. Do you have any suggestions how to make this, and other traditionally baked meals, without an oven? I have not had a working oven for over 2 years so we do miss many baked foods. pjc

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...