The part of the story I didn't tell....


When Brock and Erin were over a few days ago, 
they told me I left out a part of a certain blog post I did.




They said I really should have included it.


I told them I wasn't too comfortable 
about exposing my Grandma fail. 


But then, they talked me into it.



So a couple weeks ago I did a blog post about taking their daughter 
Violet to visit two little neighborhood libraries. 

If you want to refresh your memory, Go Here. 

Right before pressing publish on that post, I was curious about the 
name of the book Violet chose at the first little library. 

I don't have the best eyes anymore, 
so I made that picture bigger and this is what I saw:


Okay, I don't want to do this, but here's a bigger version of it.

When I saw the title of it I gasped and thought....."Oh no, I just sent 
her to visit her Grandma Lynn with THAT book!"

I kept thinking, I HOPE she hasn't started reading it yet! 

I quickly found my phone and sent a quick text message to her 
Grandma Lynn explaining what happened, including that picture 
above, and a plea for her to find that book and get it away from her. 

Then I waited.

No response.

More waiting. Time sure slows down at times like this. 

I had to remind myself...sometimes it's even a day or two before I 
see my texts on my phone. How can I expect instant text back.

Finally, I decided to call her. I asked if she saw my text. She said 
she had been in the pool with the girls. Oh, of course. 

Then I told her my story. 

She said she would find the book and take care of it. 
Lynn was so sweet and understanding, as always. 

She soon sent me this text:



As for Violet's parents. They checked out the book and laughed 
their way through it, knowing their 7 year old never saw it!



Update: After reading Richard's comment below, I decided I'd better show a review 
I found about this book on Amazon:

"So sorry to have to say so, but this was not at all what I expected.. I thought it would be full of funny 
Southernese, sort of like Fanny Flagg or Lewis Grizzard. Nope. It is about sex, sex, and more sex. Some 
chapters are just downright crude. It held a lot of promise, and could have been hilarious, but the Queen chose to 
take the low road too often. Too bad."

After reading several similar reviews I feel the need to 
THANK GRANDMA LYNN again for rescuing me that day!




3 comments:

Richard said...

I don't get it. What's objectionable about a sweet potato queen?

Grandma Honey said...

So you think that's appropriate reading for a 7 year old? Elora saw it and said, "Grandma Honey, didn't you notice how those women are dressed on the bottom of the cover?" I told her, "I can't see that well until I magnified it later." I will add the back cover to the post.

Richard said...

Wow, that book really appears to be in poor taste...I'm surprised you would give such a thing to Violet. Good thing she has a careful grandmother too.

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...