Elora and Hailey

They don't look like this anymore.

But it was funny that this was the very picture I decided to get 
made into a canvas right before they arrived last week....and 
coincidently Hailey sent this very picture to Elora the same 
week...right before they came.

It was fun to see these 2nd cousins being reunited after 2 years.



That very evening we all went to the school 
while Elora fed and walked her goat, Aida.


Chickee could hardly believe the name of the Elora's goat.
She said, "That's my Grandma's name! Grandma Aida!





The girls spent lots of time just talking.
I DO remember that about being age 14 and 15.


Snacking on granola....


Out to lunch at Cravings...
we take the girls there every time they are together.


And Sweet Tomatoes.
Lots of history here, too!



Elora, Steve Cleveland, my brother Richard (AKA Papa to Hailey)

Wendy AKA Chickee, Kip. and Hailey

As you can see, I did little cooking that week.

Salsas for Mexican Food


left side: Dave, Robin, Wendy AKA Chicken, Hailey
right side: Richard, Den, Grandma Honey, Elora

Thanks to the waitress who offered, I got to be in that picture.

Chickee took the girls on a few adventures too. 


Then it was waffles and .....


and as Elora was saying, "This is the part I don't like" 
...it was GOODBYE.




I have to say I felt Hailey's mom a few times during those 3 days. 
I'm convinced she stays close to her baby girl. 


For days I've been trying to find the picture of the very last time I saw Hailey's mom....still looking.
Hopefully I will be back with it.

Found it! Here it is....





1 comment:

Richard said...

Another great post!

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...