A moment with Karen and Tyler....

My son Tyler, and his wife Karen and of course Richie, Leo, and 
Juliet arrived Saturday to spend lots of time with us. (more on that later)

We had a very early fireworks display tonight....

I laughed because it was so early
we were the only ones out celebrating on our entire block.


Leo said as he was smiling, "This is SO much fun!"


Afterwards, I couldn't resist capturing this. 
They truly are a very sweet family. 

(6 1/2 year old Richie is in the next room over reading book 2 of Harry Potter.)





5 comments:

Richard said...

Isn't that song from a Hayley Mills movie?

Grandma Honey said...

No Richard, you are thinking of The Moonspinners, not Moon River. I think Tyler told me last night it's from an Audrey Hepburn movie.

Richard said...

Oh yeah, Breakfast at Tiffanys. Tyler is right. I get those two mixed up. My early childhood development was addled by too much Hayley Mills movie exposure. If Hayley wasn't in the movie, you wouldn't go and if you didn't, I couldn't. We saw Pollyanna at least 3 times and we were charged a separate $.35 admission each time. You were made of money.

Grandma Honey said...

You are forgetting one little detail Richard. Movies were only shown every 7 years. So I doubt you got too much of any one movie. But yeah, Pollyanna was my favorite. it still it.

Richard said...

I remember seeing Pollyanna twice the same week at the Crest Theater.

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...