Just in case they feel like being creative...

When I saw this little container at Home Goods last week, 
I thought it would be perfect to put art supplies in it for the grandchildren. 
(which at the time were all over the house. Not the grandchildren, but the art supplies.)


Then just a day later when some of them came to dinner, 
I wondered how long it would take Violet 
to see it all set up in the guest room. 

Just a few minutes after arriving, Violet came up to me and asked, 
"What are those art supplies for?" 

"For just in case you ever feel like doing art!" 

She said, "How about now?" 

I said, sure, but let's eat dinner first. 


If you notice in this 2nd picture Violet has already disappeared.

I found her hard at work.

I didn't want to tell her to come back for dessert, 
so I just brought it to her.
She made time.

By the way, Elora laughed at the dessert I put together
(ice-cream, whip cream, sprinkles leftover from Christmas, raspberries, and a stick cookie)
but she requested seconds as did her Dad





I'm glad Violet found use for the fancy scissors 
I've had in my desk drawer for over 20 years.


Had to include these next 2 pictures of Violet and Brock.... 


just because I like them. 


What did Cami do after dinner?

Well apparently she saw me put my phone aside 
so she snagged it after dinner and then kept herself entertained.

She's a teenager now, you know.



Violet and her Dad are often making plans....

Like this....Toy Girl

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how much Violet reminds me of Elora at that age! It's uncanny! Well, Elora has been her model all these years... Violet is sure a bundle of energy and enthusiasm! Thanks for sharing this. Brock did a great job of creating this!

darlene

Anonymous said...

This is such a fun blog!! I love all the photos and your pretty home and the yummy meals. I'd like a serving of the ice cream-whipped topping-sprinkles-cookie please.
Then the amazingly talented video of Violet and Wonder Woman and their adventures. WOW! Violet has a strong, vast vocabulary and I sure enjoyed her facials expressions.
pjc

Peggy said...

I love toy girl, almost makes me want to be a child again!

Richard said...

Those are pinking shears, not fancy scissors.

Grandma Honey said...

haha Pinking shears make zig zags. The fancy scissors do scallops and other designs. Remember those pinking shears mom had? We were continually losing scissors all over the place but for some reason Mom never lost her pinking shears. They were probably still in the house when it was sold.

grandmapeg said...

I've always thought Violet was a mini Elora and seeing this video confirms it! You have some beautiful granddaughters!

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...