Some pictures I'm thinking about lately

Gotta show this one first.....

Our granddaughter Emily, with her Dad....last Wednesday she entered the MTC for her 18 month mission to Cape Verde.


Even though Emily was just with us, we still see her like this.....





McKay's roommate Chris from his BYU days came to visit them in Massuchusetts.
And this time brought his wife, and children. Interestingly, he married a girl from Clovis. Same town McKay grew up in. 

Den and I drove by my old childhood home on Fairmont 
not too long ago.
It looks so sad and forlorn 
(a word my mom often used for sad people or things. This house qualifies.)




And....
I never thought Elora looked like her sister Cami, until this picture!


Den's daughter Kris, sent us this side by side.

Den, and Elder Dallin H Oaks 

And next is one of the sweetest texts ever.
The people who bought our home on Filbert sent it to Dennis.

(For some reason photos would not allow me to crop this...so just pay attention to the message Jerrod texted in the middle of this:)

Could we have found nicer people 
to have bought our previous home?
NO!

And this....

just because I like it. :)

Hope you are having a great Monday!

6 comments:

Richard said...

So, who is the girl from Clovis that McKays friend married?

Grandma Honey said...

She grew up in North Stake, I think. Robin probably knows.

lindsay lark said...

Dad, that looks like Melanie Roubicek. And as always, Jill, I love the blog!

grandmapeg said...

Pictures really do say a lot! Is this the house your parents were living in when I came to visit? I can't remember what it looked like on the outside. Has Elora's hair gotten darker or is that just the picture playing tricks on my eyes? Anyway, I loved the pictures!

Grandma Honey said...

Thank you Lindsay! I was hoping you were still having time to come visit here now and then. And yes, yes, that's the name!

Grandma Honey said...

Yep that's the same house, grandmapeg. And Elora is wearing her hair darker these days and it makes her look older. I keep thinking the little Elora will come back but time marches on.

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...