This was my kind of fun!

Don't watch the video below before I explain, 
or you may think we have no class. 


Okay, so I learned something last month. 



If you want the little grandkids to get excited about dinner....just 
throw on any table cloth, use whatever paper plates. 
But bring out the Dollar Store goblets


 and serve Sparkling Cider in them left over from Christmas.  


AND have your 5 1/2 year old grandson tell Alexa to 
"play dinner restaurant music." 



(SO thankful to Kris and Mike for giving Alexa to us last Christmas. 
We continue to find new uses for her.)



It was SO exciting to me, 
watching the kids get all happy about this. 


The prep and excitement getting ready each evening 
was as fun as experiencing it.



It was such a hit, we did this 3 of the 10 nights they were here.


First night, it was Chinese food.



Second "special restaurant" night was Italian.
Alexa was so good about playing Italian music at Richie's request!


I think there was also salad with this dinner, but we were having 
too much fun to get the pictures right. 
(The meatballs I bought premade in the frozen section of the grocery store. 
Thanks for that idea Karen.)


And our 3rd special restaurant night was Mexican. 

I ask Karen to make this Qunioa Black Bean Burrito Bowl 
whenever they come to visit. LOVE it.

Picture off the recipe site


Complete with Mexican Restaurant music. Alexa is very diverse.



Okay, now you can watch my video.
I never said we were perfect.




2 comments:

Scrapally said...

I totally thought you were going to say you had them play music on the edges of the goblets! :) That's what my kids like to do! My BIG kids! Whenever we use the goblets they "play" them. I have just only heard about Alexa. I will need to look into that! I love the little chef hats. Where did you get those? Will have to watch the video on another computer because my laptop still has no sound.

Grandma Honey said...

Den's daughters, Kim and Kris made the hats. :) I think they used a special embroidery sewing machine they sell at Kris' quilt shop
Yes, you will definitely need sound for that short little video!

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...