I was worried they had outgrown me.

It's been sad to me because lately when Amy and Logan have asked 
if I would keep the twins overnight, they haven't wanted to come 
"unless Violet is there too." 

Well cousin Violet is a busy girl and can't always make it. 

So then it got me to thinking that perhaps they have outgrown my 
Grandma Honeyness ways. 


Perhaps I need to change my game plan some.
A new home, a new beginning.

So they found a box of games in the garage
and were happy to go through that for awhile.

Then they started settling in. 

Jonas decided he wanted this chair from another bedroom....
so they hauled it in to theirs.



"Just in case we go somewhere really special tonight, I brought 
my best shirt," Jonas said as he was putting it on to show me. 


Téa prepared in a different way.
When I hurt my finger she went right to the contents of her 
overnight bag and found me the ONE bandaid she had packed! 
I thought it was the sweetest thing packing her own little bandaid!


But before I put the bandaid on I said I didn't know where my 
little scissors were to trim my fingernail.

She said, "Your scissors are in your bathroom drawer."

"How do you know that?" I asked.

"Because I looked in all the drawers in your house."

Then I remembered earlier, indeed they did!


But thankfully to me they still have some little in them... 
because they requested dinner on the man face plates!



And breakfast the next morning on the Dinner Winner plates. 

So happy they made me!


So after the twins left I was surprised to see 
they had actually made their beds! 
What?! Are they becoming like grown-up people now?


Then I peeled down the bedspreads.

Nope, not quite.
And that's a good thing.




3 comments:

Scrapally said...

That is adorable! I love your plates, and I love your stove!! Dream stove for me! I'm sure they have settled right in to the new place. Looks like you have too pretty much. :)

Susan Anderson said...

Can't believe how grown up they are, and getting cuter all the tine. I love the meals you made…and the "made" beds.

=)

Karen Mortensen said...

I love all your plates. I am sure they will always love their Grandma Honey.

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...