Our little alpha male

While their parents were sailing out in the Bahamas…
We got to have these two for a few days.

They are two months away from being FIVE, and I had forgotten what a really nice age this is.

They are seriously so fun to be with. 

But we still have our mishaps around here.
 Like when Jonas got mad and threw a block at Téa's face…
If you look closely at her eyelid you can see the little sore. It burned and hurt for a good 20 minutes.


So in to Time Out Jonas went. 
I know he deserved it but it's still hard on 
this Grandma Honey to follow through.

It was a very long 4 minutes for me.

Or the time I heard this very sad cry coming from the playroom. 
I thought…oh no, Jonas struck again.
I went to check it out…

 There's just something about this picture that says guilt. 
And it's not the turned over bench I'm talking about.


So what did he do this time?

Well at least it wasn't bodily harm. 
He took her overnight bag and and dumped it on the ground.

It's hard being a little alpha male.

Although I have to say, love always wins out.
These two are very devoted to each other.


How about that day this week when their dice 
took a nose dive across the room in the middle of their game
…they both bounced right into action together, trying to find it.


But what I can't figure out, and don't tell Jonas this, but…
how is it that little Miss Téa can pick up her brother…

But he can't lift her up…yet.

Must be wonderful to have a twin through life.
Having a continual buddy is a good thing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing these pictures! Fun! They will probably be good friends all their lives.

darlene

Grandmotherfairy said...

You are a strong grandma to follow through with time out…I don't know if I could do it…so much fun to have them for a while, but I am sure that you will be reedy for a nap!

Grandma Honey said...

Well I don't think I did very well with his Time Out. I kept kissing him and telling him how wonderful he is while he was sitting there.

Anonymous said...

That's funny! I've never heard of that kind of a time out... I love the way you document and capture so many precious moments through picture and story. I really couldn't see what looked suspicious in that one picture until I saw the close up...I also love the way she can lift him and he can't quite yet.
Heidi

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...