A Jenny update


 Chris and Mom about 1972

My youngest brother passed away over 5 years ago. It was a shock to all of us.

Chris' former wife, Jenny, was kind enough to send me some pictures yesterday of her 2 little girls.
Aren't they beautiful! Jenny is as pretty as ever, too.




Kaylin, 15  months
Jasmine, 3 years
both born in August, 2 years apart

Of course I couldn't help but think of what could have been.
But I am so happy to hear that Jenny and her little family are doing well!
They now live in New York, and Jenny is a full time stay at home Mom!
I remember so clearly watching my Mom pace the floor in labor that Monday night in 1967,
before she went to the hospital for Chris' birth... 
He was born on my Dad's 37th birthday!

And at the time I thought my parents were SO old. 

7 comments:

Karen Mortensen said...

I am glad that Jenny is doing well. Her girls are adorable.

grandmapeg said...

Beautiful girls! That is so nice of Jenny to send those pictures. I can't believe that it's been 5 years since your brother passed away. Time gets away from me the older I get.

Richard said...

Chris looks older than a five year old there...I'm guessing the pic is from 1974. I don't remember that car though, and I was in Mexico the entirety of 72, so maybe you're right.

Grandma Honey said...

I agree Richard, he does look older... sometimes my math is not the best. Dennis looked at that car and said, "It looks like it had been in a wreck." I told him all our cars looked like that back then!

Richard said...

67 + 5 = 72, I double checked that with my mathy sons-in-law...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this! I really like the picture of Chris by the car. Makes me want to go back in time...I'm glad Jenny is doing well and has two adorable daughters.

Heidi

Susan Anderson said...

What beautiful girls! I'm glad you are still in touch with them, and I'm sure your brother is happy about that, too.

It must be so hard to lose a brother; I can't even begin to imagine. You must have some wonderful memories, and that photo is a treasure.

=)

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...