Suzanne's Beans


More later about Davey's farewell party yesterday....
but first I want to share this easy recipe that my SIL Suzanne brought.



Problem is I forgot to actually take a picture of those beans simmering away in the crockpot.
The only picture I could find is on Amy's plate above.....you can barely see her fork in them. 
She loved them and wanted me to find out the recipe.

So this is what Suzanne said she did:
2- 28 oz cans Bush's original beans, undrained 
1 can Northern beans, drained
Keilbasa Sausage cut in pieces and added in. (She put in an entire ring, cut in 1/4 inch circles.)

I would simmer them at least a few hours to marry the flavors (as my Mom would say).
What an easy side dish for family gatherings or barbecues.

4 comments:

Nate and Julie said...

We love these beans at our house too! In fact my mom and I both made them this weekend without talking beforehand, but I left out the Northern beans and added in half a diced yellow onion. I guess it's true...like mother, like daughter!

Grandma Honey said...

So Julie, did you like them even better minus the northern beans with the addition of the onion? And about how much sausage do you add?

grandmapeg said...

Thanks for the recipe. I have been wanting to find something different than my usual jello or pasta salad to take to family gatherings. This sounds simple and I love simple!

Lisa said...

You've taken wonderful pics! While viewing the family gathering it felt HEAVENLY and JOYFUL & WONDERFUL. Karen's drive makes me marvel at the young Moms & wives I known who get out without their husbands & take in the grandness of life's experiences. While I wanted to go out, I was wired not to back in the days...but as time has moved forward & have seen the likes of Karen's boldness, I realized...It's OK & EMPOWERING. Thanks for sharing such a BEAUTIFUL BLESSED FAMILY CULTURE.

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...