The play, sleep, and write together.

It's been a whole year since Elora and Hailey have been together
and I am SO happy it is working out for their reunion this weekend.
They are 2nd cousins, besides being kindred souls, and have the exact same hair color!

They always request a "hospital lunch" so this was their bedtime snack.


I am so not a dog person.
But there was no way I was going to tell Hailey she could not bring Heather.
Especially since she says Heather is like having a little sister.

Hailey is incredibly nurturing and protective of her little Heather.


I woke up to find them eating breakfast they had put together by themselves.
I thought I had thrown those Fruity Os away. 


Going around town with Hailey's Grandma (my SIL) is quite the experience.
While we were getting a table for lunch, Wendy was telling the restaurant owner
that she loved him about 4 times because his
"menu worked for vegetarians (Hailey), Gluten free (Me), and kids with braces (Elora)."




Then when we were at Sweet Tomatoes tonight, she introduced herself to Fred,
and he said he really liked her because she was "charismatic."
AND, he even asked if she was single!


Oh, and also this morning before I got up, Hailey and Elora wrote this story.
All on their own with only some help from spell check.
They are only 9 and 10! Look what they came up with together.

We are wondering is there may be some hidden meaning here.



Please come back.....I have more to show you soon.

7 comments:

grandmapeg said...

I'm not much of a dog lover either but certain dogs I can't resist. Hailey's dog looks very similar to my friend's dog that I've come to love. These girls sure have fun adventures when they are together, and this story is proof of that. It's a very good story for girls their age.

Richard said...

Thanks for the photographic evidence...Wendy has been talking about her new flame all night.

Karen Mortensen said...

I am so glad Hailey came to see you. I just love that little girl. I love Heather too. I am not really a dog person but I would take her in a minute.

Wendy is one of the most awesome ladies I know.

Can't wait to hear about more of your adventures.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is some real creative writing!
darlene

Susan Anderson said...

Boy, those two have a couple of great imaginations!

=)

the Rich girl said...

I can't believe it's been a whole year since they've been together. It stinks when one of your best friends lives so far away.

I bet the two of them had a blast writing that story together.

Darlene said...

Really enjoyed this post.........those girls are so darling and really talented too. I'm amazed that they could write such a detailed story at their ages. Good for them!!

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...