The night before the wedding

Once upon a time (as in, tomorrow morning)
My nephew Colt will marry his true love Sami.....
So we gathered at Peggy and Jeff's tonight for a pre wedding dinner.

Carly, here, (never mind that she has 5 children under 7)....made all the appetizers.

I ate at least 10 of the colorful ones below during the party, 
and took another 5 to eat on the way home.


Annnnnnnnd.....all the table decorations...

We never got to their quirks....we all were too busy not only eating and talking, 
but also watching one of the most entertaining videos of Colt and Sami...
if I can get a copy of it, and their permission, 
I will show it here someday.

Carly used twigs from her trees at home, and jars from her pasta sauce.

And not only that, but Carly knows how to have a really great time!
Aren't they cute?....Carly with her SIL Katie.

Had to get a picture of the "Joy School" cousins, Lauren, Colt, and Nicole.


And here's something else that's interesting....
Colt and Nicole are cousins marrying Nate and Sami who are brother and sister. 
So will this make their children double relatives? 
Nate, Nicole, Sami, Colt

Wait, one more interesting fact.
After knowing the Knudsens for years and years....
We will now be related since Leslie is Sami's grandmother!

This last picture I took for my sister Peggy.....her 3 daughters, Sam, Kaidy, and Carly.

You may be wondering why this post is mostly about Colt's sister Carly...
She was my most cooperative subject. 
Really. As soon as she sees me she starts posing.

I'll be back with my camera tomorrow at the reception :)
 

8 comments:

the Rich girl said...

I think Carly is one of the coolest women I know.

We sure wish we could be there for Colt's wedding; I know Tyler wanted to be there. Give our best to everyone!

Karen Mortensen said...

Looks like you guys had a good time. It as good to see Lauren there. I miss her. Can't Wait to see more pictures.

Dad and Susan said...

Great pictures! It's so fun to re-live the great evening through your blog. That video WAS amazing. Sami and Colt are such a cute couple. Love, Dad and Susan

Mary said...

My mom's brother Ralph married my dad's sister Fern. In fact, that's how my parents met. We always called their children our "double-cousins." Almost like brothers and sisters instead of cousins, since we have pretty much the same genes from both sides of the family!

The tradition continues in the next generation. My niece Ashley married Matt Broomall, and then her younger brother Jamison(my nephew) married Matt's younger sister Monica Broomall. They have 5 children between them, double-cousins!

Nate and Julie said...

Thanks for sharing! Wish we could be there with everyone. I had no idea that Nate and Sami were siblings. How cool is that!

Susan Anderson said...

My nephew is getting married today, too, and we (like you) are surrounded by family.

Aren't we lucky?

=)

Lisa said...

Nice job with the new beginning's post! You sure got a good looking, fun & talented family! CHEERS!!!

Eileen said...

Such fun! Carly did a wonderful job! I love seeing all your family gatherings.
And I can't wait to see the wedding photos!
Love and Prayers,
Eileen

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...