How often does one get to be with her Great Grandparents?

 I never even knew my Great Grandparents. Did you know yours?
But my granddaughter Elora got to spend the evening with 3 generations.


After a dinner at Antonios Mex Express 
(Ever tried that place? We were surprised at how good it tasted), 
We were off to see the Music Man. Austin played the Anvil Salesman.

What a great actor he is. Totally into his part on stage.
And really, I don't know how he has a voice left for the next 4 shows.
He belted out his lines like there was no tomorrow.

Great Grandma Susan was doing her best to keep Elora warm.
A very fun evening. Loved it!

On the way home I told Elora it was very nice of her to help her Great Grandparents with their seat belts.
She said, "Well you know what they say, we are suppose to help the elderly!"
It was funny to me because I never think of my Dad and Susan as the "elderly"
They don't act it, they don't look it.
But then later I thought, hey,when you are 9, even your parents are old.


On another note, and not in our family, but,
would you like to see a really cute announcement? Go here.

9 comments:

Eileen said...

Such a nice evening! How wonderful for you too, Jill, to be able to spend time with your parents and your grandchildren together. And I love how your family blends so wonderfully together.

And I love how Elora is always coming out with little bits of wisdom all the time! She's very mature for a nine year old. And she is very lucky to have her great-grandparents to share good times with.

I didn't know my great-grandparents, but I'm happy that my children knew my grandmother on my Dad's side, and they had a nice relationship with her and lots of memories, they still talk about her. And the older ones remember Ray's grandparents on his Mom's side, and so many wonderful memories visiting with them on Long Island. And I'm happy that my grandchildren still have Ray's Mom, and that Jayden still remembers my Dad even though he was only two when my Dad passed. He still talks about how we would visit him in the nursing home and on hospice and how my Dad would share his lunch with Jayden. I wonder how long he'll retain those memories.

Congratulations to Austin, he looked great! I'm sure you all enjoyed the show!

Love and Prayers,
Eileen

Karen Mortensen said...

That Elora is so adorable. She is lucky I only knew 2 of my great grandmothers but not very well.
Glad you got to see the play. Bet it was good.

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

I wish I had known my grandparents, much less my great grandparents. Elora is really lucky! I always refer to your dad as my "good looking uncle" and that has never changed! I will never think of him as one of the elderly.

Lisa said...

Ok, so I should be in Church but here I am reading your blog! LOL

Loved the pics & I was thinking Susan looks AMAZING!

Connie said...

What a fun evening for everyone! I remember as a child, seeing my great grandmother yodel at our reunions. she was from Switzerland. I never spent an evening with her, though.

Scrapally said...

Elora is one blessed little girl! The music man was great! Austin did a fantastic job! We knew over a dozen kids in that play...and they were all fantastic! Mrs. Shinn (wasn't she great?) and many others are in our ward. In fact, "winthrop's" mom and brother are in your last picture behind Susan. I never knew my great-grandparents and being an army brat never got to see my other grandparents very much. Enjoy every minute!!!

Dad and Susan said...

It was so fun being with you two and Elora. She's a real kick. We loved seeing Austin too. That's a happy musical and everyone did a good job.

Heck yes we're ELDERLY. We've been working a long time for that distinction!

Thanks again for a wonderful evening.

Love, Dad and Susan

Natalie said...

I didn't get to know either of my grandpas, but I had one great grandpa who lived to 99 so I knew him pretty well. Elora is one lucky girl to have so many wonderful grandparents=)

Kris said...

I would have LOVED to have seen Austin in that play! I bet he was fantastic.

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...