This is the part I don't like

...saying Goodbye.
Who knows how long it will be till we get to see them again, but Karen, Tyler and baby Rich left this afternoon to go back to Logan, Utah.


Here's a few memories of the past 8 days with them.

This little guy may be just 4 months old but he is so aware of everything. 
Back at the hotel, Rich watches his parents say goodbye, 
leaving his grandparents in charge.

This picture cracks me up. 
"What? I'm staying with you?"

Our little guy was rather lost looking in our big hotel bed.

Some more  Karen/Tyler/Rich favorites:








Christmas morning I think McKay and Tyler realized they already had their presents!

Grandma Honey lovin on her baby Rich.

And finally, Last night...making the most of each hour. 
Knowing the next day Karen and Tyler would start their new life in Logan, 
while the McKs will return to Provo on Monday.
(Lovely floor, huh?)
'
We went to bed at 12:30 and they were still playing strong!
Since both couples won't both be living in Provo anymore, 
they have made plans to visit back and forth each month.


Tyler thinks Rich looks like Téa in this picture. 
What will Richie look like next time we get to see him again?
He'll probably be crawling but hopefully not walking. 
I mean, I hope we don't have to wait that long.

The past 8 days didn't turn out like we had hoped, 
but we enjoyed them just the same. 
I try to tell myself not to be sad they left, but instead happy they came.

10 comments:

grandmapeg said...

What a cute Santa Baby little Richie is!!! I loved his expression and your saying in that third picture :-) I think you did well during these holidays with being displaced from your home, and I love your attitude of being glad that they came instead of sad that they were leaving. It's also nice that the kids have made plans to visit once a month. Thanks for sharing your holidays!

Dad and Susan said...

The pictures of the babies and their folks are darling! It's just fun to look at them. And we can see your love shining through the pictures!

Cool "skyline" replica on your floor. How clever.

Love, Dad and Susan

Grandma Honey said...

grandmapeg~ Visit each other once a month, not us. :(
We live too far away for that.

Susan Anderson said...

Wasn't it fun having them all home? My last one leaves tomorrow. It will be kinda sad.

But oh, do I have some wonderful memories!

Happy New Year, Jill!!

=)

Stacy said...

I'm so glad everyone had a great time. Thank you for sharing the photos. Happy New Year!

Mar~ said...

Ohhhh, I don't like goodbyes either... and I am sad for you that they had to go! But what fun to have them all there. That is the best!
I cannot believe how much little Rich has grown! This was so fun to see photos of him with Karen and Tyler and all of you! He is such a little doll! And we love Grant too!!
Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to all of you!

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Ah this post brought tears to my eyes. Just knowing how hard it is to say goodbye to your family.
Your grandbaby is just adorable and I love the one where he has that expression on his face like What just happened? hahaha
Wanted to come by and wish you a very Happy New Year
Love
Maggie

Eileen said...

Oh, I'm sure a piece of your heart goes along with them when they leave.
And it's so good you took pictures to help savor the precious moments.
I loved Richie in his Santa suit! So adorable!
And I think it's wonderful that they are determined to visit each other once a month, I think that's great for them to have each other and keep that important connection.
Thanks so much for sharing their visit. The babies are beautiful and I'm glad you had some time to dote on them even with all you had going on!

Blessings in the New Year!
Love and Prayers,
Eileen

Connie said...

Good philosophy. It's always hard to have the kids and grand kids leave.

Darlene said...

I loved the little Santa outfit on little Rich. How sweet he is and he was so good about having his parents leave him in a hotel room, even if Grandma was there.

It is so hard to have the kids when they come home for a visit. I don't have to worry about that anymore, because they rarely come. We go to see them mostly, but Sue and her family come the last part of May and it is so hard to see them leave. I hate that part and they are all adults too.

I'll be they all enjoyed being in Provo together. Too bad they won't be having that anymore, but Logan isn't so very far away so at least they will all get to see each other often.

I want to thank you Jill for being such a loyal and wonderful blogging friend. I just love getting to know you better. I also want to wish you and yours a Happy New Year.

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...