The McKs are here !! and so is the leaking water....

Have you ever gotten emotional talking to Sears refrigerator repair?

 Well this is how it all started....

 I was having a nice little lunch with the McKs and baby Grant who arrived yesterday
from Provo, USA (as Den calls it)
We are Soooo excited to have them here with us.

 When suddenly there was a knock at the door. So McKay got up in the middle of this picture to answer it.
I think baby Grant was a bit offended by his Daddy's sudden departure, as you can see.

It was Aunt Amy and Uncle Logan who dropped in to see Grant for the first time!


 Amy suddenly exclaimed, "Dad, he looks like you !"
Now that she mentioned it, he does have a Shelley look about him.

 Grant and Aunt Amy hit it right off.

 Isn't he such a cute little bundle?

 So while all this great conversation was going on.......

I was out in the garage trying to set up at appointment with the Sears refrigerator repair man.

I was explaining to him that suddenly we noticed 
every time we use water or ice from the fridge door, 
we see water coming up from our wood floors!


"Oh yes Ma'am, we can get someone over there hopefully on Thursday."

"Thursday? Oh no, we need someone to come out today! Water is coming up from under our wood flooring. We have a house full of Christmas company. We have to be able to use our refrigerator!"

"I'm sorry Ma'am. It's Christmas time and we are booked until AT LEAST Thursday."

"Oh please can you somehow work us in today?"

"No sorry Ma'am. I can't. then there was a pause and he said very excitedly in over the top animation, "Hold on Ma'am. Hold on! Something just came up... An appointment TODAY came up that YOU can have. YES!! December 19th TODAY we can be there. Oh Ma'am...we will be there for you!"

"Oh yes, thank you very much!"

"Your repair man will be there TODAY Ma'am. TODAY !"

"Merry Christmas Sir. and BLESS YOU for helping us."

"Merry Christmas to you too! And please... have a ve-rrry Blessed Christmas."

That's when I started to tear up...there in the garage (since it was too noisy in our kitchen.) I hung up the phone and then told myself, "Okay, calm down. This is all about a refrigerator."

But really it's not, you know.
It's about a kind man...who was so happy to help me.
And it's Christmas time.
It can really bring out the best in us all.


PS We are so animatedly excited for Karen and Tyler to get off the plane on THURSDAY. We will finally get to meet baby RICHIE !!!!!
They would have come on the same flight as the McKs if it weren't for one minor detail:  They moved to Logan today !

15 comments:

Karen Mortensen said...

That is amazing. I am glad somebody could come and fix your frig. I am glad Mckenna and Mckay are there with Grant. Can't wait to see them.

cristie said...

love the photos and your good fortune.

Merry Christmas Jill. xox

Karen Mortensen said...

Why doesn't Grant have his brace on??

Grandma Honey said...

Good question. You are very observant Karen. The braces were causing so much pain, blisters and bruising. So they ordered a different brace today and hopefully it will arrive here tomorrow. We are all nervous about Grant going without them, but we don't want him to suffer.

Susan Anderson said...

That sorta made me get teary, Jill. I've been doing that a lot this season.

I'm so glad someone could come, and I hope they fix it!

=)

grandmapeg said...

What is it with home appliances needing repairs just at the time of a holiday??? Our water softener tubing started leaking just this afternoon, but luckily I caught it in time and Craig was able to fix it. You are blessed to have that appointment come open for you! Btw...I think Grant looks a lot like McKay!

Connie said...

Christmas makes you feel emotional...
Wonderful that you could get your fridge fixed today!

Enjoy your family! What a blessing for you!

Darlene said...

Loved seeing the pictures of some of the family!! The photos are absolutely terrific and whoever took them is a great photographer.

I do hope that the repair man came because I hate Sears repair service. They don't have their own anymore. They conract it out and it is always hard to get them to come out. Dick bought the top of the line Dishwasher. That thing was SO expensive and it never has worked right. I hope they came and I won't even know until we get home because we are leaving early Thursday morning for Sue's for Christmas. Unless, of course, you have time to post whether they actually came and if they fixed it by tomorrow. I will check and I just hope they did fix it because that sounded very very scary.

Ann said...

Grandma Honey :) , Merry x-mas and Happy New year to you and family..

Grandma Honey said...

You are right Darlene, it's not good news. So the refrigerator man came and said there was nothing wrong at all with the fridge. Then right after he left we noticed it's flooded under the dishwasher...which was just fixed on Saturday. Den thinks that repairman broke something. So I have to call Sears again in the morning and see what they can do. Meanwhile we had to turn all our water off in the kitchen. It's an adventure around here. I'm worried about our wood floors. But either by Sears or our homeowners we will get it fixed. But what a week for it to happen. :)

Lisa said...

WOW! You got me all EXCITED that the McK's & T & K are coming!!! I felt like I was wrapped up in the movie, "It's a Wonderful Life" with you post @ Sears & the service guy! THANKS for BOOSTING my overall CHristmas CHEER! ENJOY GRANDMA HONEY....ENJOY & ENJOY EVERY MINUTE! love you more than you will ever know. : )

Eileen said...

My goodness! I guess it's true that it never rains ~ IT POURS! So sorry you are having to deal with all this with precious company at home. It would be so nice to be able to concentrate on only enjoying them for the time you have with them.
I'm glad you did get a little Blessing in the form of that nice man with the appointment, but I'm so sorry to hear that wasn't the fix you needed.
I hope everything works out with the dishwasher, and I hope your wood floors survive.
And I hope you can enjoy moments of joy in between the chaos that seems to take up so much of our time!

You have a beautiful family, Jill! God Bless you all!
Love and Prayers,
Eileen
PS ~ Grant has grown so! And he's even more adorable! 'Can't wait to see baby Richie too!
Oh, and you asked about Sophie's age ~ she was born March 31, so very soon she'll be nine months old! Time flies!

Mar~ said...

I'm so excited for you to have everyone there this Christmas! And what a fun one, with these cute babies to enjoy! I'll be watching for fun posts with Karen and Tyler and baby Rich too! Merry Christmas!

Mar~ said...

Oh, and I hope your floors haven't been ruined...hopefully it wasn't a slow leak.

Carly said...

I love McKay's hair.

How long is McKay in town? Because we are trying to organize a 10-year seminary reunion dinner sometime next week. Tell him to check Facebook.

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...