What to ask your kids

I heard Diane Sawyer say this on OWN, which is Oprah's new TV station.
I'm writing it in her exact words as she was talking:

"I read once which I love so much that this great physicist who won a noble prize said that every day when he got home his Dad asked him not what he learned in school that day, but his Dad asked, 
"Did you ask any great questions today?"
And I always thought what a beautiful way to educate kids that we're excited by their questions, not by our answers. And whether they can repeat our answers. I so believe in people's curiosity."

4 comments:

cristie said...

thank you for sharing this great idea. xox

Dad and Susan said...

Profound! Love, Dad and Susan

Susan Anderson said...

I like it!

(I like Diane Sawyer, too.)

=)

Valerie said...

It is a great question to ask kids.

Ever think of putting up a Blogger Follower thingy? :)

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...