An ENGAGEMENT and Baked French Toast

In case you haven't heard...while making baked French Toast on Easter, my niece's dearly loved boyfriend, proposed. They are getting married this October 29th in Shell Beach!!


Do they look happy or what?
Brian, Natalie, and Brian's Dad




They are actually using Brian's grandparent's wedding rings from 1940 (from his father's side). 
As Natalie explained, the rings will have more meaning this way. 
I think it will help link the generations together. 
Sort of a "love that has been before" feeling. 
I did the same with my grandmother's rings.


I think we ought to all try the Baked French Toast Recipe.

Natalie said she used 2 week old cinnamon raisin bread that she couldn't bear to throw away, 
and she said it was incredible.
Something tells me their marriage will be too.

I also think Natalie & Brian look alike...do you see it?
My Mom use to say that's a good sign. 
She would be happy for them.

btw, Nat, what's his last name?

12 comments:

Karen Mortensen said...

Wow. I am so happy for her.

Raven said...

Yay! This is happy news, and I love that they're wearing family rings - so cool, so Natalie.

Dad and Susan said...

We are so happy for Natalie. Brian is getting a jewel, an enthusiastic jewel. We all love Natalie's exhuberance and zest for life. As we understand it, he's pretty amazing too. Good for them using the special rings. Love is in the air. Love, Dad and Susan

Susan Anderson said...

They do look like a pretty well-matched set!

=)

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

Best wishes to Natalie! I think her fiancee looks like a Rozier.

the Rich girl said...

Hooray for Natalie!! She is so cool, and I'm so excited for her!

And I love the idea of using family rings. I think it's incredibly romantic. Plus I'm a fan of antique jewelry anyway.

nrozier said...

My new last name will be Sawyer. I can't wait.

Darlene said...

What a great looking couple! How romantic that he should propose while she is making French Toast. The recipe sounds good too. I will have to try it. He looks like a guy that would be fun to have in the family.

Donna Tagliaferri said...

You mean kids really do get married? I don't think any of my kids will get married....sigh

grandmapeg said...

Congratulations to your niece! I love the idea of using family rings!!!

Eileen said...

Congratulations and best wishes to the happy couple! I love the idea of using family rings, just so special!

I have a similar recipe ("Overnight French Toast") that I got from my sister-in-law years ago. It's great for a big crowd (she used to make it for a big family weekend reunion that my husband's family would go to at their log cabin), and it's such a time-saver to be able to make it up ahead. I love the idea of using cinnamon bread!
This brought back a lot of sweet memories for me.

Love and Prayers,
Eileen
PS ~ Thanks for all your kind comments to me all the time, Jill. You have a sweet heart.

lindsay lark said...

I don't know who is more excited about Brian joining the family, Natalie or Gard?

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...