Wedding Open House

Instead of the typical sign in wedding book, 
look what this couple came up with

We just all wrote whatever we wanted to the couple, and dropped in this case.
Isn't it so vintagely cute?

Yes, I do believe they really are this happy.
Ashley and Philip
SO DARLING.

And I can't help but love this long little sign on the side of the fridge!

Have to include this picture too, even though it didn't come out very clear. 
It would make a lovely gift....since I have always loved it and since I know Dennis reads my blog.
"Kissing the Face of God"


And of course, as we usually do, just as we were leaving this reception, in walks the Mendoza family.
I heard Jenny laughing behind us. It's just so odd about our timing.
We leave and they enter....
I think this is about the 4th time we have been in sync like this!

8 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

Yes, that guest signing area is darling! And so is the family that you keep running into all the time. Looks like a lovely reception, to say nothing of the couple!

And I like that "refrigerator hanging" too.

=)

Ammy said...

Ashley looks so happy! She deserves it! I have so much enjoyed keeping up with her on Facebook.

Ammy said...

Oh, I forgot to mention...Jenny sure looks like her Mom!

grandmapeg said...

I have never seen a wedding open house 'sign-in' like that. That is cute! I really enjoyed reading about that entertainment center being turned into a play kitchen for their children!! What a great idea.

Dad and Susan said...

Great pictures of clever ideas and a beautiful couple. You're the BEST documentor! Love, Dad and Susan

Eileen said...

Congratulations to the happy couple! And they really do look VERY happy! All the best to them!
And I love their reception! So unique, and so touching. That 'sign in' case is a great idea for all sorts of parties. I love it!
And I've always loved that same picture too "Kissing the Face of God". So beautiful.
And I remember that you love 'mother and child' pictures, and what better one to have than this Mother and Child!

Do you know I was here much earlier, and then I clicked on your link and got so caught up in the little kitchen project that I completely forgot to leave a comment here! I was just on my way up to bed and for some reason it popped into my head that I didn't leave a comment so I got on here quick.
Okay, I'm off to dreamland now.
Love and Prayers,
Eileen

Darlene said...

That was truly a beautiful reception. It just had to be. The couple looked so happy and I too loved the sign in idea. It is so different and really much more personal.

I do love the picture and hope that your special Santa gives it to you.

I must say too that I would love to have a refrigerator hanging just like the one pictured. How great is that!!

Take care, dear friend, and don't work too hard. Christmas can be a little hard on most women, I think. We need to take care of ourselves.

Becky Jane said...

♥ your subtle Christmas wish!

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...