A Mother's Love

Before Robin died she wanted to make sure she bought clothes for Hailey to wear this spring and summer. She bought them all in the same tones so Jason could mix and match them and they would all look good together. So today Hailey and I put them all over the bed so we could take a picture. One of the main reasons I am writing this blog is to preserve history. Someday when Hailey is older I want her to remember these outfits her mom so lovingly chose for her. I can't even imagine the physical and emotional strength it took for Robin to do this for her daughter.



One of the little shirts says, "I Love Mommy" and on the back it says, "...And Mommy Loves Me!" 


6 comments:

The Gage Cage said...

That is sooo sweet! I cannot imagine!!! I love the "I love Mommy" shirt. Hailey is so lucky that her mom came from such a loving, supportive, and huge family!

The Gage Cage said...

Hailey is such a beautiful girl!

grandmapeg said...

How thoughtful you are to capture this obvious sign of love and devotion that Robin has for Hailey! I'm sure Hailey will look back on this picture and feel the love her mother felt for her.
Peggy

Anonymous said...

An EXCELLENT idea to take the picture of Hailey and her extra special wardrobe. I imagine that the "I Love Mommy..." shirt will be her favorite. hailey will look great!

I read this in an inspirational book.....a memory quilt from a mother to her child was made from pieces of clothing. Perhaps when Hailey outgrows these clothes, someone could make her a quilt and she would have the picture to go with it. Pictures can even be incorporated into the quilt. Just an idea.

Pam

Anonymous said...

This is so sweet. I had no idea that Robin did this. It amazed me how much she did and cared for others when she herself was dying. She was and still is an incredible woman. I saw Hailey in one of the outfits and she looked so cute and sweet in it. She is a darling little girl.

Kris said...

What a truly touching story. Thank you for sharing that. I have enjoyed reading your blog, Jill.

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...