This helped get me through today.

End of March when Tyler and Karen were here, I was intrigued by all these cards Tyler was making. 


He explained that every day he packs one, along with a note, in Richie's lunch that he takes to school.

Then fast forward to today...while I was here waiting for gum surgery..
 ...Tyler texted me the pictures and notes he made for Richie this week. 
 


I started to tear up while reading them... and I couldn't do that just before "surgery" so I had to save them for later...

But really, they were such a very nice distraction and came just when I needed it.

 Just like Maria said in the Sound of Music...."when you're frightened, think of your favorite things." Or something like that. 

And my children and grandchildren are definitely my favorite things.

PS  When Tyler was a young boy he use to tell me that when he had kids he was going to write them notes. And here we are, all these years later. 

2 comments:

Richard said...

Tyler is one of a kind!

grandmapeg said...

This is so impressive!! What a very good father Tyler is and Richie will know and remember these cards and his father's love for him!! Thanks for sharing!

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...