Part of Mother's Day 2019

This morning for Mother's Day 
we got to attend Brock and Erin's ward.

AND, we got to have Cami sit right between us.

She was so good, complete with her hands folded.
Her parents tell me she LOVES church.

This was the opening song 
and I can never hear it without thinking of my Dad.


He would have us all sing this growing up 
at just about every Family Home Evening we had. 

Off key, and sounding... not good. 
But he would sing it with passion!
Annoying at the time, but sort of sweet to think back on. 


We came to hear Violet give a talk.
She's only 8, so this was a bit unusual.
Normally kids are 12 
before they are asked to speak in Sacrament meeting.

In her talk, I LOVE Violet's explanation of being a Mom.
She was spot on....

"A mother is someone that loves you. Before we are born our Moms have us in their stomachs and they go through pain just so we can be born. That's pain in our bodies. After they are born, mothers have a different kind of pain in their hearts because it's a lot of work to take care of us and they worry about us."


And right after Violet finished her talk, 
Cami clapped and cheered in her own little Cami way!
Pure JOY, I tell you. 

I also like what Sabrina 
(on the program) said about her mom:
"I wish my Mom had a pouch 
so I could be with her all the time."




Their bishop's closing remarks also spoke to me...so this isn't an exact quote from him, but as near as I can remember, 

"The older I get the more I realize I want peace and joy in my life. But I've learned I have to cultivate it to have it.
...I pray that you will be kinder to yourself,
and kind and patient with others."



And look at this nice little gift 
the youth gave to all the women present.
Looks like a cupcake with frosting, complete with a fork. 


I have already put it in my freezer 
along with other treats I get that I can't eat.
My grandkids know exactly where they are, 
and help themselves. 
(But they always politely ask first, because that's the kind of grandkids we have.)

I grew up knowing my Grandma made brownies for me.
My grandkids, I'm guessing, 
are growing up happy I'm gluten free.





1 comment:

Richard said...

I politely ask for treats at your house and am offered ice water...

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...