Daisy has arrived! Part 1

It was a very exciting night last night. But before I get to that, I want to start with Monday evening because this all ties together. 

We were visiting our very lovable 90 year old friend Neva in a care center. Not sure she wanted her picture taken so I just got this one of the little tree by her bed...



Her grandson last week had hoyer lifted her into her wheelchair 
and drove her to Dollar World 
so she could buy some decor for her door. 

It's the little things, you know.


I proceeded to tell Neva that 
we are expecting a grand baby any day now.

She asked what her name will be.

When I said, "Daisy" she right away started singing, 

"Daisy, Daisy, Give me your answer do
I'm so crazy, all for the love of you...."

Soon Dennis was singing too. 
He knew all the words, and then I thought, ohmygosh, so do I.

I had not thought of that song in years!

Then I remembered, my Mom use to sing this around the house while she was cleaning. I have it locked in my brain because of her. 

And now all these years later, the song comes to surface, 
waiting for our little Daisy to be born. 

So the following night, l learned Daisy was on her way! 

I took my phone to bed with me about 9pm (something I never do) and got to share the labor/delivery journey with them through texts, pictures, videos and even FaceTime.

She arrived at 11:31 PM (Idaho time) on 12-18-18
6 lbs, 7 oz
19 1/2 inches

And here she is! 


Today the siblings got to meet her for the first time.
This picture has love written all over it. 





I have more to share about welcoming Daisy, 
so I'll be back later...  

2 comments:

Richard said...

Is that one of those 3 month old stand-ins like they use in the movies for infants?

Anonymous said...

welcome dear sweet Daisy! You are beautiful and are very blessed to be born into a most wonderful family.

Thank you Jill for sharing these pictures and story. Congratulations.

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...