Oakmont

My Dad and Susan's new home.


In many ways it's like living in a luxury hotel. 




And for those who feel inclined to have a little variety in their day.....



They even have their own little movie theater, 
complete with recliners and a popcorn machine. 


Every day at 2pm and 7pm.
This week's features:


Or they can bring their own movies to watch there at other times. 

They have "touch up Tuesdays" 
just in case anyone runs into a wall with their wheelchair.


They even have a little entry way to their apartment.  


Just so happens, every time I've been there so far, 
there has been a hospice nurse, such as this one. 


They are loving the food so far.
I am, too! 


They can go in there whenever they want to eat, 
not just regular meal times. 



Last time we were there, Dad and Susan 
were discussing the fish on the menu.

She thought sole and salmon were the same fish.
Dad said they weren't. 

So she asked what the difference was and my Dad responded:
"S-A-L-M-O-N"



Some of the other residents like to decorate outside their front door. 


But this one is my favorite:


And I just have to say, isn't Susan adorable!


2 comments:

Liz Hinds said...

That looks really nice. It's good your dad has companionship too. My uncle who had led such an active life started on the downward spiral when he broke his hip and was immobilised. And I love that movie theatre.

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a nice home away from home! I hope this gives everyone peace of mind and comfort. And yes, Susan is always adorably stylish. Your dad is quite the handsome fella, too. pjc

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...