My wonders of the past few weeks....

In no particular order....

1. This is what 93 usually does not look like.


My Uncle Don turned 93 less than 2 weeks ago.
He's my Mom's brother, and our only living uncle.

My Grandma use to tell me that as a baby he had a hard time thriving. The doctor told her to feed him meat. He didn't want meat. So she would put baby Don in a buggy and every few steps try to coax him into eating another bite. 


2. If I would known how popular this recipe was going to be, 
I would have taken better care of it. 

We made several of these for a recent funeral. 
The recipe was passed on to us from our Stake Girl's Camp. 
I've lost track of how many have requested it so far.


3. So nice to have Tyler's cousin Julie and her family,
 in the same neighborhood in Meridian! 
My brother John and Suzanne, 
and Alex live not too far from them either. 
Makes me happy to see my family intertwined. 

4. Envy Apples

Tyler introduced me to these. They are a cross breed between two apples and have only been available since 2009. 
These are now our very favorite apple! 

They are only grown in Washington, New Zealand, Chili and Costco (which is where we get ours.) 



4. This just makes sense to me.

I was intrigued at first by the last on the list: "have a strong sense of control"...I thought it was just me who needs that. Apparently not. 


5. Last month (in August!) we received probably the earliest invite to a Christmas party. 

How can we not go when they have already tried this hard?



6. Den and I get our happy treasures every Saturday morning at the Farmer's Market. 

Did you know that 1/3 of all produce in the US 
is grown right here in our valley?
(We won't talk about our air quality, 
just focus on the fruits and vegetables.)



7. This is just basic human reflex....

Imagine what the world would be like if everyone understood this. 



7 comments:

Liz Hinds said...

My grandmother was a Honey before she married. Now there aren't many left of our branch because my great-grandmother had 6 girls and only 2 boys.

Anonymous said...

I dearly appreciate you.

Anonymous said...

Confusing holiday invite: the date is Saturday but the other part says Thursday.

Richard said...

Control freaks tend to be wonderful people. I know several and we’re all related.

Grandma Honey said...

Now that you mention it Richard, you're right. Why is that? Our parents weren't controlling, especially not our mom. So where does it come from?

Anonymous said...

Perhaps the 'strong sense of control' you have is more like 'a strong sense of security due to confidence'? Because I see you very calm in handling things.

Anonymous said...

Uncle Don looks wonderfully young and handsome

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...