Little Ben saved the day!

This picture was taken 
right before the evening got a little rough on Christmas Eve, 

two of our grandsons were so happy....

Richie and Jonas

But then right before the annual Rozier Nativity was to go on....
Richie said his stomach hurt.

When that's said by a 6 year old, we know what that means.  
See that bathroom to the left of you? 


I was standing behind him so I tried as quickly 
as I could to get him in there.

We were seconds too late.


Apparently Richie had eaten too much chocolate cake.

Thanks to Amy who stepped right in without hesitation and got on 
the floor and scrubbed with Clorox Cleanups. 


As Tyler was getting Richie ready to take him back to our house, his  brother Leo, who had been waiting all year to be the Shepherd, said to me so sadly, 
"Do I have to get in the car too, and go home?" 




I assured Leo,  "No, You can still be in the show!" 

Later that night after the Rozier party was all over, 
we all went back to our house 
(Richie and his family had been with us since Dec 20th.)

I showed Richie the video of the nativity he sadly missed out on. 

He quickly noticed his 2nd cousin Ben (my sister Robin's grandson) playing his shepherd part and said, 
"Oh look! That boy took my place!" 

Except for falling over the angel, and few other incidences, 
Ben did a great job! And with no rehearsal!


4 comments:

grandmapeg said...

Cute family tradition! Sorry Richie had to miss out on his part. Who got to play the baby Jesus?

Grandma Honey said...

Now that you mention it, I have no idea. We had lots of babies in the room but I'm guessing they used a Doll this year?

McKay said...

Oh no! Poor Richie!!! But Leo did amazing! That kid is a born actor. :)

Grandma Honey said...

I know. Leo looked and acted like the real deal.

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...