Checking in

Please don't give up on me.

I will be back in a few days. My laptop had been acting mildly ill for several weeks. And then about a
week ago it became pretty much non functional. We finally took it into the Apple hospital today
where it was diagnosed with a defective touch pad.

Den and I both felt kind of bad leaving it there. The tech told us it would be ready in 3-5 days. Maybe
he felt sorry for us, I don't know, because then he quickly added, "I'm sure it won't take that long."

Amazing the things we think we can't live without now...

I think it was 20 years ago this month that I learned to use a computer. Bill had set up an AOL
account for us that I knew nothing about until weeks after he died when I discovered paper work in
his desk drawer.

When my good friend Wendy Karsavar learned about this, she insisted on teaching me to use a
computer. She sat right next to me one evening at our large desk top computer, telling me which
button to push and exactly what to do, while I continued to say, "No, I don't want to do this.
This is so boring. There's no point in it!"

"Now just settle down, Jilly-Jill. You need to learn to email. You're going to love this."

"I would never want to write letters on a computer."



 Let's just say I was wrong, and leave it at that.



1 comment:

Lisa said...

It's so funny to hear you post this. Talk about changes! Even your blog has transformed into a thing of beauty. You've always been my inspiration in your emails and blogging. I loved the way your blog was set up originally, then over the years you've made even greater improvements!

Here's to speedy recovery for iMac and better things to come! I read Judi's email and was so touched that McKay & Tyler helped Dennis in supporting their move! You've got an awesome family! Miss you guys.

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...